Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

I have to blow dry to keep it from puffing out. I also have to keep it cut real short to make it behave. I am trying to let it grow out. My hair is half gray and dark brown. I do color, but not more than once or twice a year. What kind of shampoo or conditoner do I need to use. Right now I am using Aussie. I have in the past even used Tail and Mane. Looking forward for help with this problem. I thank you in advance.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

- Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent. They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof. O:(



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse. It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser.



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I really like the garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in cream and Tressemme clean hold gel, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites. Frizz-ease hair serum is pretty good for fighting frizz.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

i love, love, love using organic, virgin, unrefined coconut oil on my hair after it dries! leaves your hair shiny smooth, straight or curly. either way. looks great! you can find it in your cooking oil section of a high end grocery store like Wild Oats or Whole Foods.



i use it on my body as moisturizer, too. i swear by it.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

Actually the longer your hair is, the more weight the curls have so it wont poof as much. thats all i can tell ya!



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

ur doing the right thing by trying to grow out ur hair because curly hair will behave much better when it's grown out because the curl won't be as tight.



use biolage! i think it works best on curly hair.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

I think if you have thick curly hair maybe you shouldn't blow dry it?



Sounds like you need styling products to help control it instead of conditioners to help you.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

Well , I do not know if you are white or black, but if you are black you should get a really good perm like "silk elements" and then wrap it and sit under the dryer, if you are white, you should go to a black salon and tell them that you want your hair wrapped, it will straighten your hair beautifully and it won't cost you as much as it would at a "white hair salon".



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

Well if your looking for away to get rid of your curls, get a curl relaxer. A Curl Relaxer is simply a hair treatment which gets rid of your curls and turns your hair into a sexy style of strait hair.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

For the color try sunsilk. and try a deep conditioner to help smooth out your hair.. Have you ever tried John Frieda?



Stop blowdrying it. its making it worse.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

Instead of blowing dry, you should use a special mosturizing combing cream or muse, specific for curly hair. Those are used right after you wash your hair (your choice of shampoo and conditioner) when it is still wet. It will enchanche your natural curls and keep them in place. Also, you should decide wether you color or not your hair, because twice a year makes me think of a most-of-the-time-your-roots are showing, and that seems careless to me. If your natural color is mixed gray and dark brown, it might look very pretty mixing in some highlights.



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

I have the same kind of hair that you do and I know what a pain it can be.



First, I use two different kinds of shampoos and conditioners (this helps reduce product build up)



I use Bain de Terre moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. This is available at salons or at http://www.amazon.com (just type bain de terre in the search bar).



I also use Herbal Essences De-Gunkify shampoo and Totally Twisted conditioner. These are available at Wal-Mart, Target, drugstores, etc...



I wash my hair every other day. This helps the natural oils from your scalp tame the hair.



While my hair is wet I put in some volumizing mousse (suave and dove both make this kind of product) and a small dollop of gel (herbal essences). Then I use a diffuser to blow dry. Sometimes I use a 1"-1 1/2" barrel curling iron to make thick waves (this reduces the frizzy curl).



Hope this helps!



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

Just advised someone else to this product. Cholesterol. Found in African-American products in most stores.



I use for eczema to scalp, dry hair, and color treated. i also use for my 6yo daughter who is bi-racial and her hair is very curly.



Another tip is to try an oil sheen spray which helps in between treatments, depending on dryness of hair it can make curls softer and more managable. Leaves a beautiful shine when brushed out.



If you want to loosen curls some try a curl relaxer. It doesn't straighten your hair but can help it be more managable.



GOOD LUCK



I have thick,natural curly hair. Its looks wiry. What can I do to keep it smooth? I blow dry a lot.?

i take it your older why not invest in a ainti frizzing shampoo also when you shower use a wide tooth comb never use a brush on your hair also use leave in cond. also get silk pillow cases for your bed they work wonders for your hair also use a mico fiber towel an just dab your hair dry dont towel dry make it air dry also apply moose an gel from the ends up if you buy good moose an gel only a quarter amount on your hand will do hope this helps oh ya and never never blow dry your hair it kills it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security